NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This contest is sponsored by Gnarly Head Wines, 12001 S. Highway 99, Manteca, CA 95336 (the "Sponsor”).
- INTRODUCTION: Create the gnarliest pork ribs recipe. But first, a little background about Gnarly Head.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Gnarly Head Ribs Recipe Contest ("Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except where prohibited or restricted by law), who are 21 years of age or older. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Gnarly Head Wines ("Sponsor") and each of its respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, suppliers, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same households of each such individual. Previous Grand-Prize Winners of the Gnarly Head Ribs Recipe Contest are not eligible to participate.
- TO ENTER: Create an original pork ribs recipe that is 500 words in length or less ("Recipe" or "Submission"). Refer to Rules 4-5 below for more details regarding the requirements for your Recipe. Enter your Recipe in the Contest between 12:00:01 AM ET on May 30, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM ET on September 5, 2016 ("Contest Entry Period") by following the entry process outlined below.
- Proceed to the Gnarly Head Ribs Recipe Contest Website (www.gnarlyribsrecipe.com) ("Website") to register your Recipe for the Contest.
- Once on the Website, click on the "How To Enter" link and enter all of the requested information. You will be asked to provide your contact information, the name of your Recipe, your ideal Gnarly Head wine pairing and input the text for your Recipe collectively. You will also have the option to upload a photograph of yourself or your completed ribs dish with the entry. If you have questions on how to submit a Recipe or are having problems with the upload process, please visit the FAQs section on the Website.
- Complete the registration step by clicking the "Register Your Recipe" button.
If you do not complete this registration step, your Recipe will not be submitted for review and possible inclusion into the Contest or eligible for a prize. Registration must be completed by 11:59:59 PM ET on September 5, 2016 or your Recipe will not be submitted into the review process for the Contest.
- CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY
- Once you click the "Register Your Recipe" button, you should see a "Thank You" page on your internet browser. This Thank You page confirms that your Recipe has been received and submitted into a review process. Your Recipe will be reviewed to ensure that your Submission complies with these Official Rules. Please note that at this point your Submission is undergoing review, and is not yet considered a valid Entry into the Contest.
- Once your Recipe is reviewed, you will receive a Confirmation Email at the email address you supplied on the registration form. If your Recipe complies with all Official Rules, the Confirmation Email will state that your Submission has been accepted as an Approved Entry into the Contest. If your Recipe is not accepted as an Approved Entry, the Confirmation Email will detail the reasons why your Recipe was declined. Your revised Recipe can then be resubmitted within the Contest Entry Period.
Submissions that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this Contest.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: As conditions of entry into this Contest, and by entering a Submission, Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission:
- is original and has been legally created;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
- has not been published or distributed previously in any media.
- SUBMISSION FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: The Recipe must be 500 words or less in length and must be in English. Once you register your Recipe in the Contest, your Submission is final and may not be modified or edited. No Submissions will be returned. The person named as the registered owner of the email account associated with the Submission and named on the Contest Registration form for the Submission will be deemed the entrant ("Entrant"). In the event of dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the "authorized email account holder" of the email address provided. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, education institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Gnarly Head all started with a vine. In 2004, when our winemakers began their quest to make America’s favorite Zinfandel, they sought out vineyards in the Zinfandel capital of the world: Lodi, California. The Zinfandel vines planted in these older vineyards are some of the oldest in California and are grown in the traditional freestanding “head-trained” way. These gnarled vines provide the inspiration for Gnarly Head as the wines these older vines create are bold, full-bodied, juicy and in other words, gnarly.
But Zinfandel is not the only grape that can be Gnarly. Our winemakers select grapes from some of the best vineyards in Northern California to produce wines in our Gnarly House Style. Gnarly Head wines are easy to drink and pair well with food. They are Bold. Sophisticated. With a Hint of Gnarly.
What's the big idea?
For the eighth year in a row, Gnarly Head is on a mission to discover the gnarliest pork ribs recipe in the country. Our judges are looking for creative and flavorful recipes that are Bold. Sophisticated. With a Hint of Gnarly. So, put on your apron and break out your secret sauces, spices, rubs and marinades. Then, turn up the heat to submit your most mouthwatering pork ribs recipe.
IMPORTANT: You must complete all of the following steps in order to ensure your Recipe is submitted into the Contest:
Each Contestant is allowed a maximum of five (5) Approved Entries in the Contest. An Approved Entry is defined as a Recipe that has been registered on the Contest Website through the process above and has received a corresponding Confirmation Email stating that the Recipe has been accepted into the Contest. The same Recipe may not be registered for the Contest more than once.
Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to his/her Submission. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Entrant has obtained permission from each person whose name and/or picture ("Likeness") is included in the Submission, and that such person(s) have granted Entrant all necessary rights to use the person's Likeness as described in these rules, and that Entrant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. Sponsor's determination as to whether the Submission potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
By entering a Submission, Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant's Submission, including, but not limited to, the ingredients and cooking methods contained therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion), as well as to use Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of the Submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant's Likeness or statements.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individuals right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any Submission.
If any group of individuals elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) representative to enter the Contest and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Submission.
Please note the following:
- Submission may not refer to any company/brand or food or beverage brands other than Gnarly Head.
- Each Submission must include readily available ingredients (found in most well-stocked supermarkets), and use standard, unabbreviated U.S. measurements, (i.e., cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces, or pounds), specific amounts for each ingredient (i.e., pounds of ribs, exact teaspoons of salt and pepper; do not say “to taste” for any ingredient, but list exact amount so reviewers can judge how the ribs will taste).
- Submission must be entirely original and created by you. Use of any elements that are not original may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
- All Submissions will be reviewed before being published or judged; however, publication of a Submission does not mean the Submission has been deemed to be in compliance with these rules. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize.
Technical Requirements: The maximum file size for photo file uploaded to the Website is 5MB. Photo file(s) must be provided in a JPEG file format.
- Originality (25%): Is the ribs recipe one of a kind?
- Perceived Taste Appeal (25%): Does the recipe sound appealing?
- Perceived Wine Pairing (25%): Does the wine complement and enhance the ribs?
- Simplicity (25%): Could anyone create these ribs by following the recipe?
Judging will be completed on or about September 19, 2016. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first judging criteria (Originality), continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order (Perceived Taste Appeal, Perceived Wine Pairing, Simplicity), as needed to break the tie.
All winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, completion of all required documents (described below), and a personal background check. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
Prize will be awarded as a check payable to the winner.
Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant, Sponsor and the Indemnitees in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA. All claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or two hundred fifty dollars ($250). Attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrant, even if Entrant proves to be a prevailing party. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.